ck got robbed tonight

and I am really pissed

I am not very pleasant right now. i hate crack heads and thieves of all stripes and i hate the ineptitude of the police and i hate the idiot in my building who left the front door open and i hate the people who built and run my building who couldn’t even get a simple self locking door right. don’t even get me started. haven’t our people suffered enough?

At least the thief missed out on hundreds of dollars in cash that Laya left in the closet. Stupid thief.

1. Michael

10/27/2004 at 10:16 pm

Look at the bright side: Yassir Arafat might be dead within the week.

…At least…that always makes me feel better…

2. Esther

10/27/2004 at 10:25 pm

OMG…are you okay? This totally sucks. I’m sorry.

10/27/2004 at 10:29 pm

thanks dead yasser for being the silver lining on the greyest october cloud ever. i’m sure whoever takes over from you is going to be infinitely better. right.

yeah, thanks esther, i’m fine. just pissed as all hell. and i have no door.

4. Hilary

10/27/2004 at 10:32 pm

CK, I’m so sorry, that sucks! I do hope they put your door on quickly! 🙁

5. Israel

10/27/2004 at 11:34 pm

Sorry Dave! Not having a door is no fun at all! Let me know if I can help in any way. Israel.

6. Rabbi

10/28/2004 at 12:09 am

Dear Dave,
    I am very sorry that happened.

7. Robert Tewilliger

10/28/2004 at 12:09 am

I’m sorry that happened, hope you are able to recover/replace what you need.

8. Jason

10/28/2004 at 1:24 am

Been there… done that…

Two years ago, my house was sacked. Computers, TVs, photo albums, my glasses (wtf?), and two of my swords. It’s been really shoddy getting everything back in order, but it slowly returns to normalicy.

I’ve been through the whole “non-functional” door as well. There was a hole in my front door that looked like it was cut with a cutting torch. So very lame.

Hope all is well otherwise. Bahatzlacha.

9. Anissa

10/28/2004 at 1:36 am

Dave! Dude! that sucks!!! mtl police dont help much ey?! ..i know the feeling..anyhow..be well and safe.. hugs and kisses

10. Alli

10/28/2004 at 3:34 am

Why do you have swords, Jason?

Sorry Daveala. Everything happens for a reason. Even if that reason is no reason.

In other breaking news, some rancid tofu letttuce cups had me reading PEOPLE magazine for about 10 minutes. Thank you and goodnight.

11. T_M

10/28/2004 at 12:32 pm

Ouch! Sorry to hear this CK!

I have heard that Montreal has a theft problem.

Are you okay? Did you lose anything valuable or irreplaceable?

12. shtreimel

10/28/2004 at 1:25 pm

I’m from Montreal. Lived in the Plateau for a while. Got robbed….twice. Car broken into a few times. Sacre le bleu.

13. stenis le menace

10/29/2004 at 6:51 pm

My car was broken into once, right outside CK’s office. Window smashed and everything. They stole my underwear. It sucked.

14. T_M

10/29/2004 at 7:45 pm

Sounds like Montreal is the wild west.

Or are you guys just hanging around in the wrong side of town?