Playboy Centerfold Loves Israel, thanks Rabbi

jewish bunnyAt a recent breakfast honoring a local Rabbi for his years of service to the Jewish community, students from every confirmation class that he had taught were invited. One of his former students had a big surprise for the guests. She thanked the Rabbi for helping her, by throwing her out of confirmation class, which led to personal growth, and ultimately into discovering what she really wanted to do: become a Playboy model.

Josie Goldberg proudly declared that she is the first seriously pro-Israel Jewish Cyberbunny.

This very confident Russian-Jewish beauty also told the the assembled that the Rabbi had taught her the importance of giving tzedakah. She donates to Chabad and JNF.

1. Not Hef

4/4/2008 at 10:28 am

Lindsey Vuolo, a Playmate in 2001, made a big deal about having gone on Birthright and even debated Shmuley Boteach. Then again, she was also being billed as “the first Jewish centerfold” at the time, which wasn’t true, although it would probably be weirder if these girls knew a lot of Playboy trivia from before they were born.

2. Not Hef

4/4/2008 at 10:29 am

And, oh, there are pics of Josie easily found out there from January (when she was “Cybergirl of the Week”)

4/4/2008 at 10:58 am

4. Not Hef

4/6/2008 at 4:50 pm

Reading her prose kind of kills the excitement, or maybe it adds to it? The next Esther Kustanowitz she’s not, though:

Acting/Talent Experience:
    Hey Guys whats up I am a 5’10 Russian Jewish girl who grew up in Orange County. I always have action in my life..I am looking to show my personality with the world..My talents include talking alot, being emotional and always making a statement. I consider my self pretty sexy. I was a Playboy Model, and one of my talents with modeling is that I have a body like Anna Nicole Smith. I am very aggresive,detail oreinted, educated and I get done whatever needs to get done!
    Am I affiliated with unions?:
    A major event in my life was:
    A major event was when I found out my ex-b-friend who was a doctor cheated on me. I came to his office and starting screaming at him for putting my life in risk of AIds, herpes and other dieseases..His whole office turned up-side down ..it was so funny…he almost lost it ..it was so funny! i felt so good.
    The accomplishment I am most proud of:
    Being a PLAYBOY CYBER GIRL JAN 2008..ALSO graduating college and being a survivor and not settling with a looser man.
    An embarrassing story about me was:
    I am very emotional and personally called Hugh Hefner and asked him why I was not asked to be a PLAYMATE and just a cyber girl..I told him I was a 5’10 Russian Jewish beauty and my mom says im better looking than all ur PLAYMATES.. I got denied..im sad.i think I am not only a PLAYMATE BUT PLAYMATE OF THE YEAR!
    My favorite Movie:
    HOW TO LOOSE A MAN IN TEN DAYS
    My favorite TV Show:
    I LOVE NEW YORK
    My best Physical Trait is:
    BOOBS ANB LEGS
    Topics off limit to me at a party are:
    none..i dont do drugs and try not to drink to much.
    Do I have tattoos or piercings:
    no tatoes.. ears pierced
    The weirdest thing about me is:
    I talk way to much and cause controversy whereever i go.
    My friends would say my best qualities are:
    I am tall,beautiful,smart and very calculating… I am not a doormate.
    My friends would say my worst qualities are:
    I am agressive, i cant take rejection to well..i argue and cry..i call my mom like any Jewish Kid.
    The personality traits I most like about myself are:
    I am open to people, ALOT of people can relate to me understand my emotions and when i get screwed by a guy..i get even!
    The personality traits I like least about myself are:
    Sometimes im to controversial…. I cry like a baby when im sad.
    Miscellaneous Information:
    I am so unique that I would be an asset to any show… i feel like i have calling to show the world who Josie Goldberg is

5. aaron

4/6/2008 at 7:32 pm

I can’t wait to see her get picked up as some type of spokesperson for something…Like free trips to Israel…They could use her for Russian engagement. I’d so go on that bus!

4/6/2008 at 8:37 pm

I like it when she says, “I am tall,beautiful,smart and very calculating… I am not a doormate.”

She is most definitely not a doormate!

7. aaron

4/7/2008 at 12:41 am

Yup. She more closely resembles a doormat.

And the special kind of doormat that gets naked for $$$.

They sell them at ikea. I saw her there last week, with a whole bunch of other ones. (Different colors and textures)

8. Tori

4/7/2008 at 1:34 am

Oh please, Barbi Benton is Jewish. Her real last name is Klein.

9. Kirkham davenport

4/7/2008 at 8:39 am

There have been plenty of Jewish women in Playboy. May 1969 Playmate Sally Sheffield professed having lived on a kibbutz, spoke fluent Hebrew and that Moshe Dayan was her hero.
    Many change their names or have married names so may not be easy to identify as Jewish. Playmate Kathy Shower was Kathy Shnaurer. Barbie Benton – Hugh Hefner’s longtime girlfriend was born Barbara Klein.

10. Not Hef

4/7/2008 at 1:21 pm

The daughter looks like a 10-year JDate veteran if you catch my drift.

4/7/2008 at 1:30 pm

Will we also get some eye candy for the ladies?

4/7/2008 at 2:07 pm

You got a pic of Muffti. What more do you want?

13. Tom Morrissey

4/7/2008 at 3:06 pm

Middle’s pic.

14. Grand Muffti

4/7/2008 at 3:32 pm

MIddle is a handsome fellow; Muffti has seen him with his own eyes. The ladies had best be glad Middle and Muffti don’t go prowling together…

4/7/2008 at 3:37 pm

Don’t listen to Muffti, I’m ugly like a Pantera song and dumb like a rusty doornail. And married. I wouldn’t know how to prowl even if I had Muffti as a co-pilot. What’s flirting?

16. Grand Muffti

4/7/2008 at 3:40 pm

Muffti never said you weren’t dumb! 🙂

By the way, does anyone else find it wierd that the second question she answers is:
    are you affiliated with any unions

4/7/2008 at 3:54 pm

I think they mean acting unions. If I’m not mistaken, you can’t get in if you haven’t worked.

4/7/2008 at 4:00 pm

Don’t bunnies join the SPCA?

19. Grand Muffti

4/7/2008 at 4:19 pm

ah. That makes more sense.

20. Ephraim

4/7/2008 at 4:28 pm

Gotta hand it to that Jewish education. Cheder cleary paid off in this case.

I’ll bet Harvard is just beating down her door.

21. Ephraim

4/7/2008 at 4:30 pm

I like where she says that “when I get screwed by a guy I get even”.

Uhhhhh…..does that mean she screws him back? Cuz, that would, like, make sense.

22. Not Hef

4/7/2008 at 5:31 pm

Yeah, if it wasn’t clear (or you didn’t bother to click) that questionnaire was from what looks like a social networking site aimed at reality TV show producers.

Maybe she can make a cameo in a Shabot 6000 strip. That’s probably reality enough for her.

23. Not Hef

4/7/2008 at 5:32 pm

Or, of course, an American Apparel ad.

24. Giyoret

4/7/2008 at 6:22 pm

She calls her mom like any Jewish kid, unlike the rest of humanity who have no bond whatsoever with their mothers.

And she’s right about “dieseases”, which are a tad more serious than your run of the mill “diseases”, in the sense that they can kill you. I’ll bet she taught that “looser doctor” a thing or two about medicine. He probably faked his way through med school. Ha ha, she showed him, acting like a maniac in his office!!

But you know, she causes controversy wherever she goes!!

25. Ephraim

4/7/2008 at 7:12 pm

Kind of like the Jews themselves!!

26. Giyoret

4/7/2008 at 7:44 pm

I want to see the Middle, too!!

4/7/2008 at 9:29 pm

The actually scary thing is that there probably are men out there that will consider her bright if only for a second-rate 1980s’ appeal fetish. 🙂

28. lipglossy

4/8/2008 at 12:37 am

She is going to be on a CW show “Farmer Wants a Wife.” I like how on this website she is a math and tennis teacher. Hmmm..

29. Not Hef

4/8/2008 at 7:09 am

It was a multiple choice application: ‘math and tennis teacher’ or ‘doormate’. She ticked the one that she isn’t.

30. Grand Muffti

4/8/2008 at 3:49 pm

Seriously, people, chill out. Have you all forgotten that we don’t judge hotties by the same standards we judge others by? Next thing you know you’ll be expecting your athletes to quote Nietsche and your politicians to be able to tell Sunnis and Shiites apart.

31. Pingback: Nudity Trumps Fact-Checking

32. Not Hef

4/9/2008 at 10:51 am

Looks like Jewlicious has hit the big time with the PB link. Hopefully we’ll get another dose of naked Josie now?

33. Ephraim

4/9/2008 at 11:59 am

I think I’ll go back and re-read “The Whore of Mensa”.

4/9/2008 at 12:10 pm

Damn, I hope we get a fact-checking department soon.

35. Ephraim

4/9/2008 at 12:22 pm

You can call it “The Naked Truth Department”.

36. Tom Morrissey

4/9/2008 at 12:41 pm

“When Josie comes home, so bad/ She’s the best that we never had….”

37. Not Hef

4/9/2008 at 5:26 pm

>>>04.09.08 9:45 AM CDT by Wil

If Josie Goldberg **were** to become a Playmate, she would certainly not be the first one to be Jewish (nor was Lindsey Vuolo, although that story too was widely circulated when she became Miss November 2001). For instance, Miss December 1966 Sue Bernard always described herself as a “nice Jewish girl” (never mind the Christmas setting of her centerfold!), and it was the theme of her Playmate text that she had been “Growing up Glamorous” as the daughter of the famous photographer “Bernard of Hollywood”, Bruno Bernard, who was a refugee from Nazi Germany. As another example, Miss May 1969 Sally Sheffield reported in her Playmate text that she is fluent in Hebrew and that she spent eight months working in an Israeli kibbutz (artificially insemination hens!), so Josie Goldberg wouldn’t be the first “seriously pro-Israel centerfold”. In fact, she wouldn’t even be the first Playmate to be named “Goldberg”! (That was Miss May 1981 Gina Goldberg, although her Playmate text duly noted that she was a Finn and her maiden name was “Verenius”.)<<

4/9/2008 at 10:49 pm

I just saw that Not Hef. Hilarious. Jewlicious.com in Playboy. Do I have to get naked now?

4/9/2008 at 10:50 pm

According to the link you gave, Not Hef, Sue Bernard from 1966 was another Jewish playmate. The following link will lead to images of the naked Ms. Bernard, so please don’t click on the link if you’re offended by the female body. http://playmail.sprawl.it/browse.php?idpm=196612

40. Not Hef

4/9/2008 at 11:08 pm

that Sue Bernard is superterrific, why can’t they make ’em like that now?

41. Yankel

4/9/2008 at 11:17 pm

This is one Jewish girl that really does deserve a pearl necklace.

42. grandmuffti

4/10/2008 at 12:07 am

Those are some tan lines!

4/10/2008 at 1:43 am

Calm down Muffti, she’s old enough to be your grandmother mother.

4/10/2008 at 3:06 am

I noticed the same thing muff! I guess in the olden days they didn’t have tanning beds! You definitely do not see tan lines like that anymore.

4/10/2008 at 12:16 pm

Guess why I mentioned a second-rate 1980s’ appeal fetish. The hairdo and lacy catsuit add to the overall impression. Suppose buyers of men’s mags go for outdated looks in general. 🙂

46. Tom Morrissey

4/10/2008 at 1:58 pm

Men go for outdated looks in general.

47. Finnish

4/12/2008 at 10:53 am

Interestingly, the doormats in Ikea (Swedish) are named after Danish municipalities.

48. Pingback: Jewish Playboy centerfold | My Blog