Dear Mom. I didn’t get squashed or run over last night in Jerusalem…

I’m getting tired of writing these emails to my sister to send to my Mom. Three times in 3 months, twice with bulldozers and last night with a new Beemer, residents of East Jerusalem have tried to indiscriminately squash, crush or run over random residents of Jerusalem – in parts of town that I frequent. You can read about it here, here and here (where Ehud Barack calls for the demolition of the kid’s house). Was 19 year old Qassem Mughrabi a Hamas member? An angry teenager pissed at having his marriage proposal refused by his cousin? All of the above? I don’t know. All I know is that Qassem injured 13 people and seconds later he was shot by an off duty officer. Jerusalem residents are getting tired of this. I almots didn’t blog about it. But I just installed a video comment feature and want to use it to show my Mom that I am indeed in one piece.

Let’s hear it for continued bodily integrity! Yay!

{seesmic_video:{“url_thumbnail”:{“value”:”http://t.seesmic.com/thumbnail/Qvj8gaAekK_th1.jpg”}”title”:{“value”:”10 fingers… “}”videoUri”:{“value”:”http://www.seesmic.com/video/8J84oPyvwF”}}}

1. Yael

9/23/2008 at 12:28 pm

Are you Canadian?

9/23/2008 at 12:31 pm

Yes I am Canadian. Who wants to know? But I live in Jerusalem and am an Israeli citizen.

3. grandmuffti

9/23/2008 at 12:42 pm

yeah, but you still came out sideways…

4. Yael

9/23/2008 at 1:36 pm

You sound Canadian, which is why I asked. I’m just nosey.

9/23/2008 at 3:34 pm

ck, you didn’t tell your mum you’ve got a bad cough?

6. lisa

9/23/2008 at 10:16 pm

wow, so you finally got that extra toe removed, ay?

7. Steve

9/24/2008 at 12:13 am

First you said you were a Canadian and at the end of the paragraph you said you were an Israeli.

What happened? Do you have a split personality and the other personality kicked in while you were typing.

Simple question, are you an Israeli or a Canadian?

9/24/2008 at 5:53 am

Steve: Have you ever heard of this concept called dual citizenship? Yeah, see you can be a citizen of more than one country at a time! Amazing right? I know! How does one do such an amazing thing? I was born in Israel, raised in Canada and now live in Jerusalem. Hence I have not one but two passports!

OK Tom? I mean Steve… sorry.

9/24/2008 at 7:24 am

You forgot Greg. It’s Steve/Greg/Tom…this time around. Are we going to entertain the troll yet again? Cuz, you know, we keep giving him a platform for his anti-Jewish bs and he likes to manipulate a certain Canadian Israeli with all his toes intact into letting him stay and troll in the name of “free speech.” It just makes us into his useful idiots. It’s one thing when Alex calls us idiots all day long, but it’s another when a hater uses and abuses us freely.

10. Steve

9/24/2008 at 1:48 pm

Dual citizenship should never be allowed. For in your heart you can only be absolutely loyal to one country at the same time.

And I hate the Palestinians much more than I hate the Jews. After all the Palestinians were the ones who danced on 9-11.

11. Yael

9/24/2008 at 4:08 pm

Steve, you talk a lot of sh*t.

Why even come on this site? Do you not have anything better to do?

12. Batya

9/24/2008 at 11:06 pm

Again, my comment isn’t posted. I sent one last night and even signed in first.

ck, believe me that it’s worse to be run over by a terrorist, even to be the least injured. (The story is lin the site link.)

Save your kvetches and rants for something else. It’s no joke to those who’ve had other things to report and have buried victims of Arab terrorism.