Nefesh B’Nefesh Jerusalem Flash mob

Why did Nefesh B’Nefesh, an organization dedicated to bringing Jews to Israel on Aliyah and organizing bloggers conferences, organize a Flash Mob in downtown (as it were) Jerusalem last Friday? Was it in celebration of Hanukah? Must be because the mob danced to frequent Jewlicious Festival participant Smooth E’s Hanukkah Hey Ya. Others noted that perhaps Nefesh B’Nefesh was in fact making a political statement what with the mixed egalitarian dancing and all. Whatever. It was fun. Get over yourselves.

1. Margot

11/23/2009 at 8:01 am

Is this for real? And is that Marvin in the front leading the pack? Where was I? Oh yeah…taking care of shit.

11/23/2009 at 8:53 am

Heh. Margot had a sewage explosion in her apartment on Friday, 30 minutes before Shabbat. Nice. I always knew she was full of shit.

3. Rabbi Yonah

11/23/2009 at 11:13 am

Remember when Smooth E launched this – we posted it on BeachHillel.com, this was PRE- YOUTUBE.

The video became a huge phenom and we were getting crazy amounts of traffic on the beachhillel website.

Eric has performed several times at Jewlicious Festival.

See Smooth-E aka Eric Schwartz perform live at HONIKA ELECTRONICA-LA
    Sat. Dec 12, 10pm. Advance tickets $10. http://www.jconnectla.com

4. What War Zone???

11/23/2009 at 11:31 am

Margot, I dedicated my suave dance moves to you.

5. Eric Schwartz aka Smooth-E

11/23/2009 at 3:48 pm

Thanks for posting this! Looking forward to seeing YOUR moves to “Hanukkah Hey Ya!” and more at “Honika Electronica” on Dec. 12. “Honika Electronica” video coming soon.

Sat. Dec 12, 10pm. Advance tickets $10. jconnectla.com

6. Margot

11/24/2009 at 1:55 am

CK, i love you, too. What War Zone – thank you, thank you. Although, I don’t recall ever seeing you dance in person so I can’t really make a proper judgment, nonetheless, are we sure suave is the right adjective? 🙂

11/24/2009 at 6:30 am

Benji! That was you at the beginning there? Fucker! Why didn’t you tell me and Margot? We would totally have come! Poop explosion or no poop explosion!

8. What War Zone???

11/24/2009 at 6:40 am

Hell yeah, baby! Didn’t you notice my “Shwarma Eating Champion” ringer T?

I didn’t realize I’d be shaking my rumpus at the beginning till I got there.

9. Pingback: Nefesh B’Nefesh Jerusalem Flash Mob–Real Smooth-e « Jews’ Next Dor

10. Arieh

2/13/2010 at 12:09 am

Hey, guys! Looks like y’all had a great time while that 17 yr.old American kid was illegally arrested by the Carmiel cops and then sat rotting in Kishon prison being physically tortured and sexually abused. To bad nobody from Nefesh B’Nefesh bothered to pick up the phone to see how they could help the family. Hey, but what the heck . . . party on! ! ! 🙂

2/13/2010 at 1:23 am

Uh, what the heck if there’s no connection between the above and what you wrote, as long as you can write something nasty, right?