Bing Search Engine: No Sex for Arabs!

Dang. There goes all our traffic.

lolahmadinejadThe Open Net Initiative recently released a report noting that Microsoft’s Bing search engine is filtering all Arabic and English terms for sexually explicit content when used in a search in any Arabic speaking country. Type in words like sex, breast, lesbian, intercourse, nude, clitoris (but not vagina) or lick in English or in Arabic and instead of getting your search results, you’ll get a notice from Bing stating “Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which filters out results that might return adult content.”

So is this a big deal? Probably not. I mean it’s funny that Bing has taken a position of ostensibly safeguarding Arabs from racy Internet content, but it’s really easy to get around this filtering process. There’s no geolocation so if you simply change your country preference to one that values freedom, you can search for “clitoris” all you like without getting the results filtered. Secondly, who uses Bing anyway? I am thus relieved that popular search terms leading to Jewlicious, and originating in Arab and Muslim countries, like “Israel Sex Woman” or “Hot Israeli Soldier Babes” or “Fuck Jew Girl” will still lead horny Arabs to Jewlicious thus artificially increasing our hit numbers.

Whatever. I knew this Bing thing was bogus. I just wanted an excuse to put up a funny LOL Cats inspired photo of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who by the way, isn’t an Arab! He’s a Persian. Yeah.

1. Tom Morrissey

3/7/2010 at 4:36 pm

What’s a clitoris?

• ck

3/7/2010 at 6:10 pm

Tom wrote: “What’s a clitoris?”

I have no friggin idea…

3/7/2010 at 5:15 pm

Bing has this cash back service where if you shop through them you get a percentage of the purchase refunded to you. I don’t think it applies to escort or licking services, though.

Bing, impoverishing the pan-Arab nation.

3. Tom Morrissey

3/8/2010 at 12:17 pm

A former Soviet republic, maybe, or part of the Dardanelles or something.

4. muhammad faiz danial

7/29/2010 at 7:41 am

O all of the jewish people…especially Israelis..your hand is full of blood..from the innocent of palestinian..BLOOD IS FOR BLOOD…THE JUDGEMENT DAY WILL COME TOWARDS YOU..THE DAY THAT YOU CAN’T FIND YOUR HIDDEN PLACE OR PLEDGE FOR MERCY..THERE’S NO MERCY FOR THE EVIL..THE WALL THAT SURROUNDING PALESTINIAN IS NOT FOR PALESTINIAN..IT’S FOR YOU..!!WHEN THE TIME COME..YOU WILL BE BLOCK BY YOUR OWN WALL..THEN,THERE’S NO MORE JEWS IN THIS WORLD..I WILL LEFT NO JEWISH SEED…I WILL DESTROY ISRAEL WITH MY BAREHAND..THAT’S MY PROMISE

7/29/2010 at 12:21 pm

OK muhammad faiz denial. Thanks for the heads up. We’re waiting for you and your scary bare Jew killing hands with the greatest of trepidation. We’re literally shaking in fear here. Shaking!