10 Easy Ways to Get Involved
By Noah Bleich, TIKKUNFEST Coordinator
There are lots of things you can do this Sunday (sleep in, go to Ikea, ponder the irony of saying “l’chaim” to life before we drink if drinking kills brain cells), but there is one thing you can do TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24th: TIKKUNFEST. Your contribution will change the way Angelenos see the Chood (Pico Robertson) and revive our beautiful neighborhood- all with just a shovel and a microphone. And, if you volunteer for at least 3 hours, you will get FREE admission to the after party with hundreds of other volunteers!
2. Invite friends on Facebook or use more primitive tools of communication such as calling, texting, smoke signals, or if absolutely necessary, actual human-to-human invites (warning: may cause social behavior)
3. Join us to pass out flyers and talk to businesses on Wednesday October 20th, 9am-1pm…email email@example.com
4. Volunteer to help paint planters on Thursday October 21st, 5pm-8pm…email noah@lagreenmile
5. Email or pass out Tikkunfest flyers to your friends, family and enemies (mostly because it annoys them). Let them know they can bring their unwanted electronics, old clothes, and extra food to Tikkunfest even if they can’t stay the whole day. (We have them in PicoRobertson or Century City.
6. If you know someone who would like to sponsor a cleaner and greener Pico, have them email Noah@lagreenmile.com
7. Email us and ask questions if you are confused. We’d like to know why you haven’t clicked “YES” yet… my therapist calls this “sharing our feelings.”
8. Blog, post and add to calendars all over the web, from the LA weekly to LA Times
9. Did I mention change your Facebook reply to “YES?”
10. Don’t be late…volunteers are needed between 9am – 11:59pm. Let us know how you can help. The volunteer schedule is below:
Shift 1: 9am – 1pm Setup, distribute materials, registration, security, block captains meeting, decorations, food setup, security
Shift 2: 1pm – 5pm Cleanup, gardening, planting, graffiti removal, painting, litter pickup, sweeping
Shift 3: 5pm – 8pm Party maintenance, food, water, cards for troops table, security, serving, misc needs
Shift 4: 8pm – 12pm Party cleanup. (most likely done by 10pm)