Are you contemplating spending the summer in Israel? Have you been accepted to Birthright Israel? Well, there’s still time to plan things. Hotels and youth hostels can get expensive and even just hanging out on the beach in Tel Aviv or traipsing around Jerusalem can get, I don’t know… routine? Why not consider spending a few super inexpensive weeks with Livnot Uâ€™Lehibanot in the mystical city of Tsfat? The program is kind of unique, incorporating breathtaking hikes, interesting discussions, and more. Ask any alum or… or hear it directly. This alum has a thing for lists:
10 things I learned at Livnot
1. Tearing down a wall takes one day. Building a wall takes three months.
2. Who is wise? One who learns from every person.
3. Snake eagles are the only birds (at least in Israel) that can hover in one spot.
4. Realy good oven cleaner will eat through rubber gloves.
5. When stuffing a pita, open it by tearing a piece off the top and then stuff the piece into the bottom so it will not leak.
6. You can fit more people into a van than there are seatbelts. or seats.
7. There is not a plant or insect that does not have a Jewish story to tell.
8. Kabbalah has surprising similarities to Chaos Theory.
9. It does get cold in Israel.
10. Waking up at 4am, with very little sleep, to hike up a mountain and see the sunset is well worth it.
Visit Livnot U’Lehibanot for more information and a wide variety of programs