I’ve decided to do a weekly/bi-weekly round-up feature of buzzworthy news ripped from the Internet, both the mundane and offbeat, for Jewlicious.
This week’s post, for your weekend reading pleasure, is entitled I Smell A Rat, But Does The Rat Smell Me?
- Cancer is the hot headlining topic of choice. That’s the word from the 2008 Presidential race and incidentally Jonathan Alter’s Newsweek cover piece entitled, “How I Live With Cancer.” I applaud the sensitivity and attention to this cause, but the yellow LIVESTRONGâ„¢ obnoxiously plastered on the cover’s background is a little gratuitous. [Eat The Press]
- Israeli professor at Haifa University sets up shop at the University of Exeter in the UK where he hopes to open a center for Palestinian Studies and stage more organized boycotts on Israeli products. Only problem is even the British don’t want the tsoris. [YNET]
- Gilbert Gottfried is just a big kid playing dress up pretending to be funny. [Gawker Stalker]
- The divorced single dad who nearly drowned his kid to save his new cell phone is in love with a JAP who’s almost as self-absorbed as he is. Quelle surprise! [Chai Expectations]
- I’m not digging on Jewschool’s latest design. It’s giving me some serious sensory overload. Please go back to your regularly scheduled design STAT. [Jewschool]
- Pesach wearing you down? Try some new recipes. I think one of two are guaranteed not to make you too aware that you’re really just recycling a variation of matzo/salt and matzo/sugar and matzo/oil and salt. [Jewbiquitous]