Oil lamps are the way to go on Hanukkah. They last WAY longer than those skinny little wax candles and the miracle we commemorate was all about the oil, know what I mean? Also it’s just so darn pretty! The down side is that it’s a little messy and now I have a bit of olive oil on my camera and memory card. But it was all worth it so that I could share my little Jerusalem Menorah with you guys. Oh and I opened up the aperture a bit on the camera. Anyhow, happy Hanukkah and Shabbat Shalomey Homies! All of you. Especially EV and DK who, while I may disagree with them on many, many things, I care for dearly.
And again, please do not eat Ham. I was kidding!!
- Jews Blessed by their High Priests - 10/14/2022
- Foolproof Mufletta Recipe & Muflettapalooza / Mimouna Invite! - 3/26/2021
- Jewish Poles who will Amaze You - 1/29/2021
(1) Do the oil lamps last WAY longer? Does one last for, say, 8 days?
(2) Too late on the ham. Now that you told muffti to try it, and he did, he realizes just how delicious it is! And its too late to turn back!
cool menorah? where can I find one of those?
But if it’s kosher ham, it’s ok. I have it on good authority–some lady on a bus told me that.
I use the floating wicks in the oil in the shot glasses too. Much cooler.
But the glasses turn black from the hot oil. How do you clean them?