Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Osem Soup Almonds **

uh... yum.**But were afraid to ask…

From Jewlicious’ gastronomy department somewhere in the south of France, a question: Ever see a bowl of tiny yellow squares next to the soup at your local kibbutz and think, “WTF?” Ever taste a few and wonder what the damn things were made of? As have I, as have I.

Well, wonder no more, Bubbeleh: Wheat flower, vegetable oil, salt, and various spices. Once you’ve recovered from the shock, tell a friend.

9/21/2004 at 5:55 am

We have a gastronomy department? In the south of France??

Please send kosher camembert!

2. Jim R

9/21/2004 at 10:22 am

Thank you so much Alli. This unknown has tormented me for years. BTW, watch the WTFs.

3. Alli

9/21/2004 at 11:24 am

WTF will henceforth be substituted with WMD.

9/21/2004 at 11:57 am

WMD will henceforth be substituted by WAD – weapons of ass destruction our latest Jewlicious Adult Film of the Week, brought to you by Al Goldstein and the 2nd Ave. Deli in NYC – try their blintzes and sour cream!

5. Skylar

9/21/2004 at 12:26 pm

What’s the problem with these little innocent “croutons?” They’re taste is enhanced when eaten with chicken soup or salads. Just don’t EVER eat them solo!

6. Esther

9/21/2004 at 3:09 pm

And BTW, those little yellow squares are LOADED with fat and calories. I personally don’t think they’re worth it. I’d rather eat a tub of Chubby Hubby. Not that I do. But that’s only because I don’t eat them. The little yellow squares that is. And chubby hubbies. Hmm, could I possibly need some more sleep? Or more coffee? Oh gosh…

7. South

9/22/2004 at 8:11 am

We just call em Soup Nuts

8. Jim R

9/22/2004 at 9:26 am

Now your scaring me Skylar. I did eat just a few(I swear) ‘solo’.
    What’s going to happen to me?

9. Howard G

9/22/2004 at 12:09 pm

Somehow my aunt got a hold of these in Dallas (a lot of my family moved here recently) for our pre-Tashlich lunch. I think they’re great for chicken soup, and now that I think about it her house is the only place I’ve ever seen them. Maybe ‘cuz my uncle’s Israeli. I really try not to read the ingredients of anything that comes from Eretz Yisrael because I assume it’s all good for me…at least spiritually.

10. Pingback: Jewlicious » All about Osem!