INTRODUCING THE FIRST EVER ISRAELI KEFFIYEH!

Had to share this with our Jewlicious peeps! So, here goes!
Shemspeed is ecstatic to introduce the first ever…“Israeli Keffiyeh”.

Pick one up and get Diwon’s Sabra Sessions all for just $18
click here – www.shemspeed.com/kef

Now a word from Dveykus: What prompted me to design a Jewish version of a keffiyeh/scarf is the fact that a traditional Arab head wear has become not only a symbol of injustice, but a fashion statement. In New York city one can not go anywhere with out seeing people on the street wearing them, they ranging from different ethnicity, color and background. The first thing that came to mind was:

Do they know what they are wearing?
Are they making a statement?
If so what is it? Or are they simply following fashion trends?

It is my sincere hope that this scarf would serve as a symbol of Jewish pride, unity of purpose, galvanizing Jews from different backgrounds and perhaps become as an iconic symbol of our future!!

The Israeli Keffiyeh, with its intricate Star of David pattern in the center piece, and words AM ISRAEL CHAI (Jewish People Live) in Hebrew weaved into its fabric, this scarf illustrates a divine promise that the Jewish people are eternal.

FOR MORE INFO & TO GRAB THEM ON SALE NOW!
CLICK http://shemspeed.com/kef

Shemspeed

Founded by Erez Safar, Shemspeed is an independent recording label & promotional agency devoted to producing and developing dynamic multi-cultural artists and interactive media.
More...

1. David Cooper

1/6/2010 at 2:47 pm

I bought a blue and white keffiyeh in Jerusalem decades ago––אין חדש תחת השמש––but kudos for bringing them here.

2. Pingback: Keffiyeh Fashion | Considerations

3. Dani

1/6/2010 at 4:40 pm

This is not the first blue and white / Jewish / Israeli keffiyeh:

from 2008:
    israelnational...

4. Leah

1/7/2010 at 12:02 am

I feel like Jewschool or Jewlicious featured a blue and white keffiyeh, but I like the pattern on this one a bit more. Perhaps I’ll get one. Honestly – I used to wear one (bought it in Argentina in the 90s and it was just a warm scarf) and I miss it in the fall.

5. This is why we can't have nice things! (aka Joshua)

1/7/2010 at 1:14 pm

Feh, I’d rather get a Jewish tartan instead. Less likely to be confused with a terror supporter.

jewishtartan.c...

• froylein

1/7/2010 at 1:26 pm

Joshua, why may we not have nice things because of you?

I love that tartan. Do they still have the tartan pins to match?

6. Pingback: Shavua Tov: This Week's Jewish News | TC Jewfolk

7. themicah

1/11/2010 at 9:56 am

Other attempts at Jew-i-fying the keffiyeh:

Kaffiyeh Yisraelit from 2006.
    Talit Kattan shel Shabbatai Tzvi from 2005.

And I’m sure there are older examples, too, like David Cooper describes.

8. Dan

1/26/2010 at 10:37 pm

Perfect example of cultural appropriation. Despite your attempts to also steal Arab costume, you will ultimately never succeed at changing the meaning of the kuffiyah.

• ck

1/26/2010 at 11:29 pm

Hey Dan. My family speaks Arabic. The music we listen to is Arabic. The food we eat is Arabic. When we have engagement parties the band is Arabic, we wear Djellabas and we dress like Bedouins. I know more Um Kultum than I do Fiddler on the Roof. My parents mother tongue is Arabic and my grandparents only ever spoke Arabic. If a Keffiyeh is an Arab head dress, what the fuck more do I have to do to be allowed the privilege of wearing one. I can’t exactly culturally misappropriate my own fucking culture, can I? I mean Arab Muslims can wear a Keffiyeh, Arab Christians can wear a Keffiyeh, why can’t Jews?

• Amy

12/4/2013 at 12:46 am

@ ck then just wear the original keffiyeh. why the need to redesign it? no one has said Jews cant wear the original one-calm down.

• Yirme

3/22/2014 at 10:55 am

Amy, because the “original” as you call it represents often terror and worldwide Islamic domination.
          The Muslims don’t own the rights to all things middle Eastern though they’d like the entire Middle East to themselves.

• Hannah

12/16/2015 at 11:14 am

No..it doesn’t.

• Im?n

12/16/2015 at 5:28 pm

So you’re a Palestinian?

9. toutti

1/31/2010 at 6:37 am

this is genuine palestinian keffeyeh, how come u snatcher bastard jews stolen this from the palestinian ?
    you have no identity of your own, but only stealing others.
    u lack the identity.

• gail

4/26/2012 at 9:33 am

We haven’t stolen everything from muslims namely: the brutal subjugation of women, medievel/inhuman sharia “justice” or pedophilia.

• andy

12/4/2013 at 12:49 am

you seem to have muslims confused with america and its foreign policy gail.

• gg

12/17/2015 at 4:17 pm

You have a practice where the rabbi sucks babies penises. Let’s talk about that

10. Someone

1/31/2010 at 6:56 am

FOR GOD SAKE, quit stealing for once. Can’t you ever live on your own efforts? You always need to steal something and make it yours? This is pathetic, it really is. I do not know by what means do you think this could serve your cause. SICK!
    BTW, your ‘scarf’ ain’t pretty at all, it looks like a towel or so..

• gail

4/26/2012 at 9:39 am

You want to talk about stealing? How about the millions of dollars Yasar Arafat stole from donations to the so-called Palestinian cause? His widow is living in Paris now like a queen from money he embezzled from donations to a manufactured grievance. The so-called Palestinian people are being used by the likes of Yasar Arafat and his widow to enrich themselves. You’re so busy being angry and nasty that you can’t tell when you’re being swindled. Wake up!!!

11. Ines

1/31/2010 at 7:52 am

I can not belive that…you dont have enough stealing them their land, their homes, their culture, you also need to steal them the most huge simbol of their identities, the keffeyeh. Israeli people! you really look ridiculous in everything you do..Why can not you have your own custumes?? dont you say that your tradition its so ancient?? So that, show us, but please stop stealing to the palestinians..

• gail

4/26/2012 at 9:29 am

hater

• Johnny

12/31/2012 at 6:01 pm

You do realize that Semites (Arabs Muslims and Jews) have been wearing Kaffiyehs for thousands of years, right? A kaffiyeh is a tradition head covering required when in the desert under the hot sun.

Only an idiot would assume that Jews stole the Kaffiyeh from the Palestinians. It serves no symbol, ideology, or movement. It is simply a square piece of cloth designed to prevent heat stroke.

• themiddle

12/31/2012 at 9:04 pm

Yeah, some also get offended by Jews making hummus.

12. Mike Darnell

1/31/2010 at 8:11 am

Frankly I’ll admit that I’m pretty unhappy with the whole “Keffiyeh as a fashion” movement.

Sure, CK’s family is just as Arab as any Christian family out of Marjayoun, as are the families of every Jew of North African or Arabian descent. CK rightfully claims his musical, culinary and cultural heritage.

So what’s my problem?

My grandma’s middle brother was called Adolph.

What’s the big deal?
    We’re Yekkes! Adolph is a good German name! Lots of Yekkes were called Adolph before…

Guess what.

Adolph changed his name to “Gad”.

He avoided speaking German. As does my Grandma. Many Yekkes do the same.

I guess we no longer want a part of our inherited culture.
    We figured if this is where it got them it can’t be worth much. AFAIK Jews in Arab lands didn’t fare so greatly that they should pine for the culture of their neighbors.

IMHO We’ve all created something better.
    It’s called Zionism, and it’s all OURS!

Mike
    PS
    For all the ignorant bozos up there:
    You might want to look into your history books.
    When you bother to read them you’ll be astounded to discover that the advent of “Palestinian” nationalism began as a reaction to the new Jewish nationalism that led to return of Jews to the land of Israel. Before this movement the Arabs living here saw themselves as nothing more than subjects of the Ottoman Empire. So if anyone is copying anything from anyone…

13. OthOth

1/31/2010 at 8:41 am

I’ll write this in Arabic, & who doesn’t understand arabic, oh well it’s your problem, go LEARN arabic!

إنتوا اليهود عديمين أصل
    تحياتي يا كفار بنو قينقاع

• themiddle

1/31/2010 at 11:32 am

Rough translation of OthOth’s Arabic:

For the best pita
      Go to Rami’s Palestinian pita
      Over in the part of Jerusalem
      East Jerusalem
      Where the Palestinians live
      Because they evicted every Jew from there back in the first war
      And when there were no Jews they destroyed the synagogues
      They put a garbage dump near The Western Wall
      So buy Rami’s pita, effendi
      It goes great with hummus

• ck

1/31/2010 at 8:50 pm

تحياتي يا كفار بنو قينقاع

Greetings Children of Kfar Chanukah?
      Ooook.

14. Raphi

3/19/2010 at 5:16 pm

I’d like to import a version of the Israeli Keffiyeh from Israel like the ones sold in the Shuk in Jerusalem. Could someone help me find a manufacturer/distributor?

Just comment on this post and I will get an email.

• mouky

11/26/2017 at 11:24 am

I Have just seen it now ( 7 years later 🙂
      I am the manufactur of the the Israeli kaffiye.
      argopro.com/pr...

• ck

11/28/2017 at 5:12 pm

The original? Who designed it?

• mouky

11/28/2017 at 5:33 pm

Hi Ck

I designed it on 2006 and it wa patented.

• mouky

11/28/2017 at 5:43 pm

Ben Israel was Mark’s Israekl’s Son, He was just an agent…a real shomk that pretend to be the inventor and never sold a kaffiya.
          Try to order a Kaffiya from him and you will see…
          He can not deliver.

• mouky

11/28/2017 at 5:45 pm

the first article on 2007…

15. Ariel Sharon

3/22/2010 at 5:36 pm

I would rather wear a keffiyeh than a terrorist kippah! Plus it’s much more versatile! 😉

• ck

3/22/2010 at 7:57 pm

Terrorist kippah? Like this one?

Terrorist

16. TheTruth

12/3/2010 at 10:03 am

You guys got it wrong.

The Keffiyeh it’s been part of the Jewish society before time, it’s nothing to do with religion, it was just a piece of clothing that was used back in the days to protect one from the sun and sand.

Has no spiritual meaning, now it’s a sign to resistance against Israel.
    About time Israel brought them out again.

• enoughisenough

2/9/2011 at 8:14 pm

@ the truth, i couldn’t have said it better myself. the keffiyeh has been worn by jews, christians and arabs since the time of the 12 tribes of israel. all this talk of stealing culture is frankly ignorant bullshit. For the love of god, we fight enough about what’s going on in the holy land, and have been doing so for the past 2,000 years. isn’t it time for some peace on some level.

17. ben Israel

3/21/2011 at 10:05 am

My Khaffiya is the orginal Jewish version of the Arab Khaffiya for over 5 years we have been selling them

Go check out our website or google Kafiya yisrealit to get the history as reported in the Jewish Chronicle!

Shalom

18. Pingback: The Rising Keffiyeh | TribeVibe

19. Alex Peacock

2/15/2013 at 3:22 pm

Screw you for tainting the Arabic Kuffiyah! It just goes to prove how jealous you are of their culture. Long live Filastin! Down with the occupiers!

20. Pingback: The Way of the Keffiyeh: From High Fashion, Baked Goods, and “Israelization” | Palestine Square | ????? ??????

21. Pingback: The Way of the Keffiyeh: High Fashion, Baked Goods, and “Israelization” - Post - Arab America

22. Maria

12/16/2015 at 6:06 pm

I think red would be more appropriate, it would represent the blood of the thousands of little children ISRAEL murdered and disabled.

• mike ryan

12/25/2015 at 2:40 am

MMMMMMMMMM……….and they are sooo tasty! Seriousely, Maria, you have the historical sense of a plastic door mat made in China, and the intelligence of a house plant.

It would be better for you to go learn some history, comparative religion and culture, and shut your mouth.