The stoners have 4:20 (I cannot for the life of me figure that out) and I got this email from Miriam Leah and she was all pumped up about making 6/13 a special day. 613 as in 613 Mizvahs* we have in the Torah. So I thought, any time to promote doing some mitzvahs is ok by me. A few of her suggestions:
1. Look at the clock very early in the morning (6:13), or during dinner (6:13), and shout “Hooray!” Or, you can shout, “Mitzvahs, yay!” It doesn’t really matter what you say, as long as it sounds exciting :o)
2. Have a mitzvah competition.
3. Have a candy seudah (festiva meal):
Gummy Fish Chocolate Milk Soup Chocolate covered matzah Green apple sour stick green beans? Baked Bean candies? Animal crackers…
And the Dvar Torah is: Mitzvahs are fun 🙂 and Torah is Sweet 🙂
4. Do a really crazy mitzvah you would never think of doing!
5. Do regular mitzvahs, but just have turbo kavanah
Feel free to add ideas below!
*606 in the Torah and 7 instituted by the Prophets.