The building of a state

road_building.jpg

Ynet has some fascinating images of the construction of the two Ein Harod kibbutzim in the Jezreel Valley.

1. Rabbi Yonah

10/16/2006 at 9:18 pm

Notice the large orange groves of the natives that are being uprooted by the zionists. Notice the green hills kept lush by the natives. Hmmmm

2. ramon marcos

10/16/2006 at 11:47 pm

Rabbi Yonah – this post reminded me of the first time, a couple decades ago, that I tasted my first Israeli pomegranate. Great word, “notice”. Like how some people/organizations can’t “see” the forest for the trees?

3. Shy Guy

10/17/2006 at 2:34 am

Well, Rabbi Yonah, just look at all the rocks those naughty Zionists plundered.

They were problem taken from desecrated Arab tombstones from the Mount of Olives.

Oh, wait…….

4. Finnish

10/17/2006 at 2:51 am

Is that a railroad to the right? It looks quite narrow for a railroad. Maybe a rail for something to carry those rocks with?

5. DK

10/17/2006 at 9:33 am

Sometimes Jewlicious achieves the snarky satire they are aiming for, and sometimes they don’t, but this one is out of the park! Nothing in recent memory compares in belly laughs to TM’s mock tribute to a kibbutz retrospective. This was a risky satirical piece, as many of your readers could possbily actually confuse his delicious irony for a very, very outdated form of genuine Diaspora Jewish tuchus licking towards anything Labor Zionist and agragrian. Very clever, even if perhaps trusting your readership a bit too much!

10/17/2006 at 11:09 am

Kelsey, just because you’re confused, must you also try to confuse our readers? Fortunately, they don’t seem to be confused.

By the way, I don’t recall but was there a meeting where the various Jewlicious posters gathered and decided upon some sort of common editorial line?

7. ramon marcos

10/17/2006 at 2:49 pm

DKelsey – I like Persian pomegranates too. Pretty much, where I live you get whatever they have. But I did get hooked on them after tasting one from Israel. Maybe it had a more socialist taste to it. But you know what, given a choice between delicious irony and delicious pomegranates I’ll take the pomegranates every time.

8. DK

10/19/2006 at 9:18 am

“given a choice between delicious irony and delicious pomegranates I’ll take the pomegranates every time”

Well, I can’t argue with that.