First of all, we were all in the US, except for our German correspondent. Second, none of us have ever been to Dubai. Third, it takes some balls to go to a foreign Arab country to conduct a hit, and let’s face it, we prefer to write than take action.
I swear I’ve never seen that woman before!
Latest posts by themiddle (see all)
I wasn’t in the US. I was in Israel 😉
I’d go to Dubai. But who’s our German correspondent?
Nope. I have never seen that woman before. When this all went down I was uh… washing my hair. But my friends tell me Dubai is lovely and I’m sure I’d really enjoy a visit there. In any case Dubai’s economy is tanking and they need the tourists. Perhaps they can lure more terrorist leaders to Dubai given that it takes 12 people to knock one out… instant boost in tourism!
that pic of ck doesn’t convince me. I know he is the one who farted
I could only give congratulations to anyone who was involved in this. Yet I think it is too early to pat someone on the back. Also, I look terrible on this photo. Time for another passport.
how freaky to wake up and see your name used in the hit: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1150393.html
if it was the mossad, would they really use israelis’ names like that? unless they’re getting sloppy
Now all I can say is that it had better not be the Mossad. Although, this would be an ingenious way to try to trap the Israeli government with an admission since they’d have to clear the names of their citizens and the only way to do it would be to reveal knowledge of the assassination.
themiddle: not at all… the people can prove they weren’t there… most of them don’t look anything like those on the passports, show do a comparison… if they look nothing alike, and were seen by dozens of people in another location (i.e. thousands of miles away, in Israel), it’s pretty evident that they didn’t do it. The Israeli government need say nothing
No, you misunderstood me. Of course they weren’t there. However, the fact that several of the names used belong to Israeli citizens raises the question of whether the Mossad used their names to conduct a hit. By doing so, they are endangering these people and their families both in terms of potential arrests or potential retaliation.
Putting these particular names out there forces Israel to come out with some sort of disclaimer. Either their citizens are implicated unfairly or their citizens are guilty. If it’s the former, they have to state how they know. If it’s the latter, they have to state how they know. If they ignore this issue entirely, these few individuals and their families may have a tough time leaving Israel to travel or visit their old countries in the future.
This is really strange, why would Mossad be that dumb to use the names of existing, living Israeli citizens? Three possible reasons I can imagine right now:
1. The operation wasn’t carried out by Mossad and the Israeli names were used to put people on the wrong track.
2. The operation was badly organized and for some reason the person forging the passports needed some real names for his task (though I cannot quite imagine why, or why it had to be Israelis or living people… so that sounds rather unlikely… but then I’m not in the forging business).
3. Well, Isrealis can have a sloppy work attitude. Maybe the guy who was responsible for the passports was just too lazy to look for some names, or he was pissed because his boss yelled at him and just didn’t feel like it right then, and thus just grabbed the Israeli white pages and picked some English and German sounding names to get over with it and go to lunch.
My personal favorite clearly is explanation no.3…
Who cares. If it was the Mossad, great. If it wasn’t the Mossad, great. A scum sucking mofo is dead and was wacked very professionally, and I am happy either way.
Putting these particular names out there forces Israel to come out with some sort of disclaimer. Either their citizens are implicated unfairly or their citizens are guilty. If itâ€™s the former, they have to state how they know. If itâ€™s the latter, they have to state how they know.
The government can help publicize alibis for the individuals without acknowledging any knowledge of the actual plot.
1. The operation wasnâ€™t carried out by Mossad and the Israeli names were used to put people on the wrong track.
Or the operation was carried about by Mossad and the Israeli names were used to put people on the wrong track because they’d think the Israelis would never be crazy enough to use the names of their own citizens.
It’s Wallace Shawn logic: “Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.”
well… actually… i would not say that ALL Jewlicious editors were not in Dubai or the UAE at the end of January… but don’t ask, don’t tell.
i just wish wish wish … i was a news editor or pundit on a national American program, on one of them which keeps running the story and alleges that the Israeli information gathering service, Mossad, was involved.
What I would say is…
(1) Kudos to whoever did this, even if cameras recorded it. Can you imagine if an external American agency murdered Osama at a hotel? They press would hold a parade for the hit squad, pee in their own pants and skirts, and dance in the streets.
(2) Dubai and its press (even the National, which at least has a very good film critic) is making a stink over the assassination. How dare it happy in the UAE. Bullcrap. No other press or media group is calling Dubai on it. They are letting Dubai craft the story. If I were a pundit, with no intention of being invited back to the UAE, I would ask Dubai the following…
Why was the murderer/Hamas leader/arms trafficker in Dubai? Could it be because Dubai is one of the leading financial and funding centers of Terror? Wouldn’t you just love it if a single reporter had the insight to ask Dubai if they think that their lack of Swift and financial regulations and their taste for Gulf state terror funding led to the assassination on their sacred soil?
“A scum sucking mofo is dead and was wacked very professionally”
no, he wasn’t wacked “very professionally”.
1. Using the data of real Israelis for fake passports. Even if you assume they needed real identities so in case the passport data is checked they will be verified as authentic (everybody can do this, private companies like Aristotle offer identity verification based on ID numbers and personal data, for example). But then, you have to ask yourself: If they needed authentic data for their British passports, why use that of Israeli citizens? For an intelligence service there are definitely other ways to retrieve ID numbers and data of, say, British citizens that have no connection to Israel.
Besides, it doesn’t seem like that’s really the reason why they used Israeli names – the American-Israeli’s name was used for a GERMAN passport (so any identification marks in his non-Israeli passport will not be of much use), and Ireland stated the ID numbers used in the fake Irish passports don’t exist.
So my question still is: Why? Why? Why?
2. In a professional assassination by a clandestine organization you simply don’t leave video footage behind showing half of the team at work!
That was a CLUMSY operation, not a professional one.
“Who cares. If it was the Mossad, great. If it wasnâ€™t the Mossad, great. A scum sucking mofo is dead and was wacked very professionally, and I am happy either way.”
And are you happy if the cirle of retribution killings costs another 100 lives, or a thousand? You reckon it won’t be you, so “who cares”, I suppose.
Blah, blah, circle, blah, of violence, blah blah blah. Or maybe it will be you Jim? I don’t care, you are right.
Yes, I’m happy Jim, real happy. Deal with it. You too Felix. Like I give a crap what either of you two think.