Pictures smuggled out of Lebanon prove it!
Adelaide Now in Australia reports the following:
A stream of images, obtained exclusively by the News Ltd, depicts how the extremists are using high-density residential areas as launch pads for rockets and heavy calibre weapons… Dressed in civilian clothing so they can quickly melt back into suburbia, the fighters carrying automatic assault rifles ride in on trucks laden with cannons… Images and footage of Hezbollah activities taken by local newspapers and TV crews are routinely seized by the group’s fighters at road blocks… But in our images, taken clandestinely, a group of fighters are preparing to fire truck-mounted anti-aircraft gun just metres from an apartment block with sheets drying on the balcony.
The reporter witnessed brave Hizballah fighters in action:
“Hezbollah came in to launch their rockets, then within minutes the area was blasted by Israeli jets,” he said… “Until the Hezbollah fighters arrived, it had not been touched by the Israelis. Then it was totally devastated… “After the attacks they didn’t even allow the ambulances or the Lebanese Army to come in until they had cleaned the area, removing their rockets and hiding other evidence… “Two innocent people died in that incident but it was so lucky it was not more… `The people there were horrified and disgusted at what Hezbollah were doing.” … The fighters used trucks, driven into residential areas, as launch pads for the rockets, he said.
What The F… Hizballah purposely endangering innocent civilians?? And what of that terrible attack in Qana? Qana, a village in South Lebanon from which over 150 rockets had been fired at Israel, was in the news today after it was reported that
54 27 60 civilians had been killed when a building, hit by Israeli rockets after a barrage of Katyushas was fired from there, collapsed. The Jerusalem Post however is reporting that the last Israeli rocket was fired at 1 am and that the building collapsed at 8 am. Speculation is that Hizballah ordinance stored in the residential building exploded or something happened in the 7 hour gap that wasn’t caused by Israelis. Might this be another Hizbollywood production? Stay tuned, we’ll find out.
In other news, moments ago, Fox News reported that Israel has agreed to either a 24 or 48 hour cease fire. Already the artillery in the north is quiet and the understanding is that the ceasefire is to allow residents of Southern Lebanon to escape and for humanitarian aid to reach those who need it. Israel also wishes to investigate the impact of the rocket war thus far. We’ll keep you updated as more reports come in.
UPDATE: CNN reports the following with respect to the ceasefire:
Israel has agreed to suspend airstrikes on southern Lebanon for 48 hours to investigate a Sunday airstrike that killed more than 60 people in Qana, Lebanon, a U.S. State Department spokesman said… Spokesman Adam Ereli said the Israelis reserve the right to take action against targets preparing attacks against it during the 48-hour period, but the bombing halt should “significantly speed and improve the flow of humanitarian aid.” Israeli officials also agreed to allow safe passage for 24 hours for residents of southern Lebanon to leave the region.
Thanks to Howard F. for the heads up on the Adelaide Now report. He notes that it is an Australian Newspaper that is not particularly known for its pro-Israel stance.